Riddle me this

February 20, 2008

A couple of years ago I had a huge interest in online riddling. When a place called Net Riddle first opened there were a lot of people online looking for a place to assist in the solving of the puzzles, which is how my forum took off all those years ago.

At the time I wrote several riddles myself with the intention of releasing my own contest, one of many projects that I’ve started over the years and not completed. This year I aim to do something about it and complete a few of them…hopefully.

So, back I have gone to the riddles that I was creating. I’ve dug out an old Flash interface that I was working on, and have found the same problems exist now in that I’m not proficient enough in the use of flash and, moreso, in using actionscript to make it talk to a database….but am slowly getting around that.

I think I can quite easily get over the whole coding aspect and get something online in the near future that would serve as a little entertainment value to some people…but I have a much bigger problem.

I’ve found the riddles I wrote several years ago to see which are usable…and it turns out I have absolutely no idea what some of the answers are or how to get them.

Seriously, what I wrote ages ago and must have thought were great, I now look at and think ‘how the heck am I supposed to solve this?!’

I’ve probably got to spend longer now figuring out my own riddles than I will spend finishing off the code to get the stupid thing online.

And then there’s another 3 or 4 projects to be getting along with…

Comments

6 Responses to “Riddle me this”

1. Wavatar tenderhooligan on February 20th, 2008 12:08 pm

Oh dear! I’m tempted to call you a moron but I won’t of course! 😉

What are the other projects? Exciting!!

2. Wavatar jay on February 20th, 2008 11:38 pm

even more…..what are the riddles?

3. Wavatar Tah on February 21st, 2008 6:20 am

My suggestion would be to post the riddles on the riddle forum. Make a new, private forum if you need to and don’t want them publicly available. The thread you’ve already posted can be used for people to proclaim interest in seeing them and then you can decide who gets in.

There are enough riddlers out there (and hopefully still on the forum) that they should be able to solve the riddles. Or get a workable answer, at least. 😉

You might still be able to salvage a couple of those.

4. Wavatar murphyz on February 21st, 2008 12:37 pm

shh – secrets. Not stating in case I never get them done.

Not a lot you would be interested in though, for sure.

Mxx

5. Wavatar murphyz on February 21st, 2008 12:38 pm

You’ll have to wait for the site until you find that out…unless you’re uber good at riddles in which case you can help me to decipher them?

Mxx

6. Wavatar murphyz on February 21st, 2008 12:41 pm

Top suggestions as always. I’ve opened up a private forum for it where I may as well post all riddles and just use the top 20 or so that people think are good ones.

Of course the only downside being that our members would have access to the answers and could jump to the top completion spots (I aim just to list those who have completed along with their location and date). Though…is it really a downside?

Mxx